What is a Postpartum Doula?
A postpartum doula recognizes all the challenges that new parents face and offers support that’s tailored to your family’s needs. As a new mother you can depend on a postpartum doula as a confidant and educated helper that will tune into your needs. Postpartum doulas (similar to a night nurse) are an emerging resource for families as they try to navigate those first few weeks and months after the birth.
As a postpartum doula I will support your family by offering evidenced based information on things such as infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, bonding between the mom and baby, infant soothing, and newborn care. Thereby helping the family seamlessly ease into parenthood.
Postpartum Doula Package
Postpartum doula package be customized for the most benefit for your family and can include anything that will help make the transition easier, allowing for more quality time with your new baby. I am available to provide postpartum care for up to 12 weeks. The support that I provide include 4-8-hour day shifts, with a 4-hour minimum. In addition to 6,8, and 10-hour overnight shifts. Tasks during these shifts can include assistance with:
- Maximizing sleep efforts, by caring for the baby while you sleep, or just providing assistance by watching baby while you do whatever that you’d like or need to do.
- Support with Infant and sibling care (while mother rests)
- Breastfeeding support that’s within my scope of practice
- Educating the family in infant care by identifying sleep cues, typical sleep patterns or overall newborn behavior for that stage of development.
- Recognizing newborn behaviors, therefore assuring you that your newborn’s behavior is normal or helping you determine if you need to seek additional help from a medical provider
SERVING THE CHICAGO-LAND FOLLOWING AREAS:
Hyde Park, Bronzville, Woodlawn, Park Manor, South Shore, back of the yards, Englewood, McKinley Park, Pilsen, South Side, Westside Lawndale, Westtown Loop, Logan Square, Archer Heights, Brighton Park, Little Village, McKinley Park, Hamilton Park, Englewood, Marquette Park, South Shore, ect.